Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkins and 13.1

We had our annual pumpkin picking trip last weekend...here are a few pics. Spencer went on his second annual barrel train ride and Shoshi follows in her mom's footsteps with a love of kettle corn.

What is most amazing about the pictures is to compare the kids at the same patch last year:
http://robynandjon.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.html

And 2009 (scroll down to the pumpkin patch pics):
http://robynandjon.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html

And 2008 (scroll down):
 http://robynandjon.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-07%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=24

I am spending today (Friday) with Spencer...after a long week of work and barely seeing the kids it's fun to hang out with him (and Shoshi for most of the morning). Next week I am headed to NY for a few days of work and then spending Friday night with my family. It's always sad for me to not be home at night or in the morning but if there's a spot to travel to, I'm always up for a NY trip!

Tomorrow morning is my first 20-miler of this season's marathon training. Several weeks ago I ran what has become my favorite 1/2 marathon - the Denver Rock-n-Roll. I had a goal of finishing under 2 hours and came in at 1:59. Hooray! I thought I fell a little behind pace but realized with just over a mile to go that I could come in at my goal so my last mile or so (thankfully downhill) was nice and quick (for me). It's a really cool course that goes downtown and around a few local parks. Anyone want to join me next year?

We are headed tonight to the "spooktacular" where the kids go to daycare. Then it's another fun weekend ahead. It's a beautiful time of year here with the weather still close to 80 degrees and the trees changing color.

Have a great weekend!




Shoshi has fallen in love with Elmo ("Melmo")

For some reason the kids won't take a picture together. Go figure.


Here's Spencer on the jumpy pillow


I love this series of pictures




Spencer on the barrel train

Just chillin'

1 comment:

ny mom and dad said...

It's so great to see how big the kids have grown---and you guys look better each year!

Can't wait to see the cuties in person.

Great job, Robyn , on the 20 mile run! thank goodness you didn't inherit mom and dad's love of exercising!!!
Hugs,
NY G and P
Great to see the family-Congrats to Chris and his new bride-great to see everyone-