Friday, August 20, 2010

Georgetown to Idaho Springs 1/2 Marathon

Last Saturday morning I ran the Georgetown to Idaho Springs half marathon. It may count as the most beautiful race I've ever run...it starts at about 8,500 feet in the mountains and runs downhill to a neat little town. Jon, Spencer and Shoshana, my friend Kathy (in the white hat below) all went together in Jon's extra large vehicle (which I have come to really appreciate!). The scenery was amazing and it was so much fun to have the family at the end...Spencer jumped in and ran the last few yards with me (and nearly took out a few runners - thankfully no one got hurt!). I shaved about five minutes off my Steamboat half time which was a little less than I hoped but there's still a lot of running to do before the marathon. This race was an official training run for the group I train with so it was great to have lots of people I knew (and many I didn't but wearing the same shirts). The group's coach stood at various places with his megaphone...that was quite the inspiration!

We are an hour or so from heading to the airport for our late summer vacation with my family. We're headed to a house on a lake in PA. We also will celebrate my dad's 65th with a party next Saturday night.

No comments: