Friday, August 13, 2010

Love and running...

I start several of my weekday runs at 5:45 am when I walk out my front door and meet up with Becky and Kathy (Andrea is currently on pregnancy hiatus). Yesterday morning at 5:43 I heard little footsteps walking downstairs as I was lacing up my sneakers. Spencer - holding his puppy and wearing a swimshirt and underwear on top of his pull-up (outfit courtesy of the prior night's babysitter) - looked so sweet and said "where are you going, mommy...are you going runing?". Jon and I spent the prior night (sans kids) at the botanic gardens watching Marc Cohen play in what is probably the best intimate music venue ever. Since I was missing my little guy I altered the plan, put some "running sneakers" on him, filled a sippy cup of milk and off we went on a jog. We chatted the whole way and stopped for a few minutes at the playground which so early in the morning Spency had all to himself.

No comments: